Rescue Ranch Manager Job Description
Job Title: Rescue Ranch Manager
Job Status: Full-time, live-in
Immediate Supervisor: Kim Sturla, Executive Director
Responsible for the oversight of Rescue Ranch adoption and placement program, care of the 60-acre property, management of volunteers, interns and possible animal care staff, and communications with farmers and shelters.
- Assist in the development of farmed animal adoption program
- Maintain and update animal adoption database and partnership farms
- Arrange and coordinate animal rescues
- Supervise placement of animals
- Oversee care of rescued farmed animals and dogs
- Develop a working relationship with commercial farmers
- Supervise and train volunteers, interns and animal care staff
- Conduct volunteer training classes
- Oversee sanctuary maintenance and repair
- Manage inventory and ordering of supplies
- Physically fit
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Comfortable working in all weather conditions
- Keen interest in animal protection movement and promoting veganism
- Animal care and handling experience, particularly with chickens
- Supervisory experience
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Program development experience
- Comfortable living in rural area and working in outside environment
- Competent with computers, database management programs, telephone system
- A minimum of two years professional experience in the animal protection field
- Vegetarian, vegan preferred
Hours/Days: Five-days-a-week. Flexibility is essential.
Accommodations: Live on sanctuary grounds. Rent and utilities included.
Benefits: Medical Insurance plan; vacation and paid holidays; sick leave
Salary: Negotiable, dependent upon experience.
Start Date: Flexible, possibly January 1, 2010.
How to Apply: Include a resume and cover letter and submit one of two ways:
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line write Rescue Ranch application
Faxes cannot be accepted. Please allow 1-2 weeks for processing.
If you have questions, please call (707) 449-4814